Vol. 14 Nbr. 1, March 2006
- China's economic prowess climbs fast: China is rapidly climbing the world economic league, with the latest revision of its GDP growth underlining its rising importance.
- Taj Hotels checks into Sydney.
- New female president reflects expanding economy.
- Hotel winners celebrate.
- Strong governance: last issue we brought you the first part of SAR chief executive Donald Tsang's policy address to the Legislative Council. Following is part 2 of his address.
- Award recipients celebrate.
- Home-grown exporters: for the third year running Overseas Trading is pleased to announce the winners of the annual Trailblazer Awards 2006. This year we've selected 17 of Australia's top homegrown exporters--the companies who are leading the country's increasingly successful export drive.
- New South Wales wine and dine Californians: over 70 Australian exhibitors presented more than 200 new food and wine items at the Australian Specialty Foods and Wines Expo, which was held in Los Angeles in January.
- AUTORE--jewel of choice for the 63rd Annual Golden Globe Awards: once again Australian South Sea Pearl company AUTORE have made a splash onto the red carpet at this year's 63rd Annual Golden Globe Awards in Los Angeles.
- Victorian food quality in spotlight at Australia week in Los Angeles: Minister for Manufacturing and Export, Andre Haermeyer, said recently the superior quality of Victoria's food and wine produce is creating new markets all over the world and that opportunities for expansion in the United States are huge.