Vol. 16 Nbr. 1, April 2008
- Introducing INDOPAC to the world: the focus of the regional business community has already turned towards the important and vital Indo-Pacific region, and an India-Asia Business Forum has been established to tackle the issues.
- Embrace Singapore: the heart of rising Asia: for individuals looking to further their careers in a culturally diverse country, Singapore is an ideal destination.
- 'Strengthening our community, building a sustainable future': Business Climate International builds on Sydney APEC leaders' declaration on Climate Change, energy security and clean development.
- The Sydney declaration (edited extract).
- China growth to cool off: economy set to slow, a new report predicts.
- Would the WTO survive a Doha failure.
- Business Climate International Blamey Stakes Day: Historic Business Climate International race sponsorship raises awareness for punters and businesses.
- The Best Business Resorts in Asia Awards: Business Asia Announces 'The Best Business Resorts In Asia Awards' to be held from June to November 2008 with winners announced by country, and the overall winner in December 2008.
- Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort and Spa: with its sun soaked beaches and year-round summer, Thailand's Phuket is the perfect destination for the family.
- Beware: gap in the road ahead: as the Chinese Government's control of its domestic minerals market tightens--coupled with environmental and production issues--there are fears that demand for Rare Earths will outstrip supply.
- Australia drops uranium sales to India: one of the first steps of the new Rudd Government was to inform India it would be reversing Autralia's commitment to sell uranium to India. This has not gone down well with some Australians, and the current Opposition in Australia has been outspoken in its stance against the decision.
- Spotlight on China.
- Magic of marvellous Macau: looking for a great holiday spot somewhere in Asia? Then head to Macau, a place of fun and discovery.
- And the winners are ... the votes are in and business travellers across the region have had their say on Asia's best hotels.
- Fashion lifestyle + entertainment with Esther Cvejic.