Vol. 16 Nbr. 2, August 2008
> SIGN UP FREE
- The rich are getting richer while the poor get poorer in Asia/Pacific: as Senior Adviser and Head of Special Unit for Countries with Special Needs, UNESCAP, Raj Kumar believes the divide between rich and poor in Asia is growing out of control. He sees Asia-Pacific emerging as a 4-tier region, with disparities widening rather than reducing, and he's concerned. Mr Kumar shares his thoughts with Business Asia magazine.
- So, where the bloody hell are they? Australia's tourism authorities hose down fears of a slump: all the signs of a looming recession are there: petrol is up, gas-guzzling 4WDs are on the nose, retail spending is down, property values appear to have stalled--oh, and shoplifting is up, A pretty good bunch of indicators that the economy is, well, a bit wobbly on its feet.
- Asia's most powerful and influential men: ReviewAsia recently published profiles and portraits of some of Asia's most influential and interesting men. Business Asia looks at some of the men who made the list.
- The Lebua at State Tower Bangkok: recently in Sydney Australia to promote Asia's latest and most awarded hotel, Mr Deepak Ohri hosted a luncheon for the country's leading travel agents and journalists.
- Interview with Kurt Wachtveitl: master of the Oriental Bangkok. This is first in a series of Q&A's with Asia's Top Hotelier's.
- 'The two cultures re-examined: a perspective on leadership and policy management in business and government'.
- UNESCAP BAC.
- Top editor resigns ...
- Dralion--a celebration of life: the dazzling Cirque du Soleil has recently returned to Australia for the fifth time since it was founded in Canada in 1984.
- Announcing INDOPAC: major new business group to confront issues of Indo/Asia/Pacific region.
- Iebua Group name 'Peson' as GSA's for Australia and New Zealand: formidable new GSA emerges for new Hotel Group.
- Dear readers.
- Keeping it in the family.
- Sky's the limit.
- The Shower Clean Suit.
- Yu never know if you never go.
- A world first for perfect potion!(fashion, lifestyle and entertainment) (Perfect Potion) (Brief article)
- Bamboo socks.
- Ice-cream haven.
- The BMW X6 creates a niche.
- Think like a billionaire.